The time for NBA 2K18 game release is approaching and the fans are highly excited to see what the new game is like. Since its announcement, there are certain limits to the information that the sponsors and 2K Games team have provided to all. Now, with merely days to count off, there are interesting facts regarding the game that we come to know of. This post is on the [Updated] NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Collection you are looking for where our readers will come to know about the teams on the game.
2K Games have been the official gaming sponsors for the NBA Playoffs that not only developers but also players indulge with. Last year’s NBA 2K17 did do well but not fascinating as per expectations. However, this year is it’s going to be completely different.
So, check out the NBA 2K18 Classic Team Collection list that the developers have enlisted in the game. You will be amazed to know that some of these teams were just announced recently (a week ago).
NBA 2K18 Classic Teams
The team stretch for the 2K Games series has been up to the 60’s All Stars including Bill Russel of Boston Celtics and Jerry West of Los Angeles Lakers. In NBA 2K17, the game features about 45 Classic teams. The downfall for this version of the game was not the list. Of Course, it was the graphic endurance and game glitches that led to sloppy game controls.
However, things are going to change completely with the NBA 2K18. You will see Next-Gen Graphics evolution with this version of the game. 2K Games has undergone to correct each and every flaw possible on the game. Coming back to the teams, I am glad to inform you that the latest NBA 2K18 game is going to bring in 17 new teams. The 17th one was a surprise I must tell you that they announced later this week.
Classic Teams Added to NBA 2K18:
- Miami Heat (1996 – 1997)
- To begin with, finishing first in the Atlantic Division with 61-21 score(against Bulls), Miami Heat brings back its triumphant team mates of the season to the game.
- Under Pat Riley as the coach of the team and stars like Tim Hardway, Dan Majerle, Sasha Danilovic, Alonzo Mourning, Isaac Austin, and others.
- New York Knicks (1998 – 1999)
- As the No. 8 seed team contesting, the Knicks completed their season roundup winning 27-23.
- A fascinating trip towards the finals but only to see a neck-to-neck competition with the Spurs ending up loosing the bout.
- The team was coached by Jeff Van Gundy and the stars included Rick Brunson, Patrick Ewing, Dennis Scott, etc.
- New Jersey Nets (2001 -2002)
- One of the leading seed within the East conference in the year 2001-02, the Jersey Nets closely reached to winning the finals. However, Lakers won the match against them.
- Led in by Jason Kidd, who finished as runner-up for the league’s MVP. Also, the team consisted of Kenyon Martin, Donny Marshal, Jason Collins, Steve Goodrich, etc.
- Sacramento Kings (2001 – 2002)
- West conference’s top seed position was named for this team when they won by record 61-21 in regular game season.
- Kings featured stars namely; Chucky Brown, Peja Stojakovic, Bobby Jackson, Mike Biddy, Chris Webber, and others.
- Los Angeles Lakers (2003 – 2004)
- Having a record on the mark of 56-26, Lakers received No. 2 seed. However, the team lost five games to Pistons for the NBA finals.
- A fantastic season was put up by the team members namely; Karl Malone, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O’ Neal, and others.
- San Antonio Spurs (2004 – 2005)
- Spurs won the NBA finals against the defending champions, Pistons, in seven games. Play mates were: Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Linton Johnson, Sean Marks, Tony Parker, etc.
- Memphis Grizzlies (2005 – 2006)
- In 2005 championship, Grizzlies finished 4th position for the West conference and eventually, cleared the second round. Eventually, this made them become truly “classic” come back inclusions of the game.
- The team roster includes Bobby Jackson, Mike Miller, Pau Gasol, Antonio Burks, and all other respected players.
- Golden State Warriors (2006 – 2007)
- It was a sudden surprise to all when the Warriors team from 2006-07 was included into the list just a few days back.
- The team ranked No. 8 seed and knocked out No.1 Mavericks in the very first round of the game. The team included legendary players namely: Baron Davis, Monta Ellis, Jason Richardson and Stephen Jackson. Due to these members, the victory of the team was surely imminent.
- Denver Nuggets (2007 – 2008)
- The team ranked No. 8 seed in the competition and was swept off from victory in the first round. However, due to the presence of Allen Iverson, the team hold the respectable position as it was the only lone season for the player to start there. Other members include Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin, etc.
- New Orleans Hornets (2008 – 2009)
- After devasting disasters by Hurricane Katrina, the team returned to New Orleans and earned seed No. 2 rank. Star players likely include Chris Paul, David West, Peta Stojakovic, etc.
- Dallas Maverick (2010 – 2011)
- Furthermore, with LeBron James in the team, the Mavericks won NBA title for the season as champions defeating Miami Heats. The team was lead by Dirk Nowitzki and other notable players like Tyson Chandler, Jason Terry, and Jason Kidd.
- Chicago Bulls (2010 – 2011)
- Re-live the glory of the competition in those days, having Derrick Rose and his MVP squad of the season.
- Oklahoma City Thunder (2011 – 2012)
- Next, Oklahoma City Thunder’s closest run to the title having James Harden on their back. Other important players supporting the team were Kevin Durrant, Russel Westbrook, Derek Fisher, Eric Maynor, etc.
- New York Knicks (2011 – 2012)
- Jeremy Lin playing for the Knicks came out to be the biggest story of lockout season due to exploding onto NBA scene in February 2011. Moreover, he provided an unexpected win for the Knicks and generated the global “Linsanity” craze.
- Memphis Grizzlies (2012 – 2013)
- Led by Mike Conley, the team’s great era was in 2012-13 that reached victory in the West Conference finals. Also, the team mates include Zack Randolph, Marc Gasol, Wayne Ellington, and others.
- Indiana Pacers (2013 – 2014)
- Victorious team Pacers led the East Conference championship with No.1 seed this season. Later, they could not defeat Miami Heats hence falling in six games overall. Team roster stars Paul George, Roy Hibbert, Lance Stephenson, etc.
- Golden State Warriors (2015 – 2016)
- Finally, we have the Warriors who still lead the way in 2015-16 as the winners of the regular season record. They blew off the Cavaliers with a lead of 3-1 season performances. Hence, the team enters NBA 2K18 as a classic, commemorating Harrison Barnes’s departure from the team.
So friends, these were the 17 entries that you will for sure witness in the Classic Teams list for the NBA 2K18 Game. The game will allow most of the users to begin the career mode (‘Road to 99’) to get the story-mode feel. There are so many modes that will support your dream team to lead their way towards victory.
Thus, we have reached the end of our post here. Furthermore, we hope that these details on [Updated] NBA 2K18 Classic Teams Collection you are looking for has lifted your spirits for the game high. You can contact us for feedback here. Thank you, dear readers.